LOCATION: ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a related discipline (biology, physics, or engineering) from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum five years professional experience.
- Experience with Department of Defense environmental and safety programs is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of environmental chemistry (e.g. how contaminants may access an environmental system, how compounds may transform over time given certain criteria, how compounds interact with each other and pre-existing environmental conditions).
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative evaluations of environments and processes involving areas of concern that require further evaluation.
- Ability to develop a sampling plan and calibrate and use measurement equipment to quantitatively evaluate environmental and/or occupational hazards.
- Knowledge of industry regulations for air, soil, and water pollution and an aptitude for researching requirements in other states, counties, etc. as needed.
- Capability to perform fieldwork throughout an 8-hour shift as projects demand.
- Ability to conduct regulatory reviews and research.
- High degree of organizational ability in order to work with several projects/clients simultaneously.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- This position will be responsible for developing samplings plans for a variety of environmental contaminants and various media, interpreting data received from laboratory analysis, and drafting reports and recommendations for clients and governing entities at the local, state, and federal levels as needed.
- Assess analytical data quality and usability to ensure value and significance can be appropriately applied to project criteria.
- Interact with clients face-to-face and via phone/email as needed. Perform risk communication as project demands.
- Successfully complete projects in accordance with schedules and budgets.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO: CONTACTUS@HAZAIR.COM